Tuesday 10 June 2008

The Money or the Box!

OK, so there actually wasn't a 'money' option, but there was a box involved! You see, I received a bit of a surprise yesterday when one of my sisters-in-law rang to say she was popping around to give me my birthday present - from March!! Better late than never!! And I'm always willing to accept surprises!!

First, I took a peek at the card she and her kids had made ...


Isn't it a great picture? Particularly since this SIL plays the viola (big violin!!) So, then I unwrapped the present (before remembering to take a photo!) and I found ...


A box! But not just ANY box - a really PRETTY hatbox!! I LOOOOOOOOOOVE hatboxes!! Ooooooh! What can I put in my box?!?! Maybe .....


Some bears! Now I know all of you who read my blog regularly will be soooooo surprised with THAT suggestion!!! OR ... maybe ...


Some of my vintage linens, like the white cotton tablecloth I bought earlier in the year and these fantastic lacy handkerchiefs my Mum gave me at Christmas time. The gorgeous crocheted cotton edgings were made by both of my great-grandmothers and my Nan. Or ... maybe ...


Some of my pretty shabby chic fabrics! Oh dear! I just can't decide!!! I guess I'll just have to keep the lid on for now and admire the pretty flowers and butterfly!! Of course, I did suggest to my beloved Geek Boy that I should go straight out and buy some very special fabrics to store in it!!! For some reason, he didn't think that was a good idea - I don't understand WHY!!! Tee! Hee! Hee!

That's about all I've been up to, really, except for making some preparations for the workshop I'm teaching on the weekend, continuing the hand quilting of a flannel quilt for a gift, working on neat copies of my two latest patterns ... hmmmm!! No wonder I'm feeling tired - there's no time for sleep!!

Oh! Before I go, a couple of people have responded to me tagging them. Check out Carin's responses at Conceived Without Regard For Reason Or Reality and Cheryl's answers at Willowberry Designs. Hmmm, must check up to see if the others I tagged have had a chance to post their answers! Maybe tomorrow - I think I hear my pillow calling, it's feeling neglected!! Til next time, Bear Hugs! (Still getting a case of the giggles over Kerryanne's typo!!!)

CHEERS!
KRIS

1 comment:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Kris,

What a pretty box. Perhaps you could hide chocolate in there...whoops..that is what I would do...LOL

I will pop my tag on my blog tomorrow...promise.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...