Tuesday 21 July 2009

Beach Break Over!!

Here we are, back from our wonderful week at the beach and once again having to rug up for Toowoomba's winter chills - even though we're told this is mild compared to LAST week while we were away. Hmmm ... think we timed our beach break REALLY well! :0)

Well, last Sunday, we packed the car (think we set a new world record for just how much luggage can be packed into a small, two-door hatch!! Tee! Hee! Hee!) ready to head north for some time-out from Toowoomba's winter weather. The dogs were obviously keen for a sea change, too, as they loaded themselves into the backseat while my beloved Geek Boy was still packing the boot! It looked very funny to see two furry faces supervising the loading process from inside the car - no way were they being left behind! :0)

We met up with Mum and Dad at the same little cottage we'd all rented last visit to Burrum Heads ...


It's a cute little cottage that's right on the river - if you take 20 paces from the back steps ... you'll land in the water! :0) See that back verandah? THAT'S where I spent most of my holiday - sitting in the sun with a book, some stitching, enjoying leisurely breakfasts or sometimes ... just sitting and soaking up the sun! I think maybe I'm solar-powered! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Unusually for a visit to the beach for us ... we enjoyed a week of PERFECT weather, so GB and my Dad got to do a lot of this ...


And he even managed to catch one that didn't have to be thrown back!! Actually, if you ask, GB will say he caught one and two-thirds fish - one legal size fish ... which he ate ... one undersized fish ... which he threw back ... and another undersized fish ... which Wombat ate! Tee! Hee! Hee! Guess Wombat's heard that fish oil is good for hair and skin! :0)

It was a lovely, relaxing week - GB and Dad did 'Boy' things, Mum and I did 'girly' things ... and Lily and Wombat did 'doggy' things!


Including chasing the ball and swimming in VERY cold ocean - Brrrrr!! Mad dogs!! :0)

I would love to share more photos with you, but I've currently lost my camera (these photos had already been saved before camera loss!) - it's not 'LOST' lost, it's just 'MISPLACED' lost ... I hope!! I'm pretty sure it wasn't left behind, so it has to be amongst our luggage ... somewhere ... I hope!!!! EEK!! How will I blog if my camera is gone!!! I'll have to take a university course to work out how to work GB's recently inherited digital SLR camera - I'm DOOMED!!!!

Moving right along ... And while we were soaking up the welcome warmth and basking in the sun like seals sunning ourselves ... Toowoomba was experiencing some VERY nasty weather!! During one of my sun-soaking sessions, I got a text from a friend to say Toowoomba was overcast, drizzly, FREEZING ... and they were predicting SLEET! Tee! Hee! Hee! I know it's not nice to laugh at other people's misfortunes, but BOY was I glad we WEREN'T in Toowoomba last week! :0)

This week is back to reality ... well ... our version of it, anyways! :0) Back to work, back to re-constructing the destruction Zone of our newly renovated kitchen and ... hopefully ... some stitching. Hope you all had a great week last week and that this one is off to a flying start! Til next time - Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

12 comments:

ittybittyandpretty said...

oh how i would love to 'inherit' a digital SLR!!! that is my dream :)
so glad the weather was perfect for you, you deserve a good break.
hope toowoombrrr isnt too cold for you.
smooches

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kris,
Sounds like a lovely deserving break you all had.

Our weather is sooo funny.
I spent about six hours in the garden yesterday, just gorgeous but now I'm sore!

I hope your camera turns up.
My passport is lost at home in a very safe place. How embarassing when filling in forms for a new passport I had to state where I lost my last one!!!!!!!!!!! OMG
Hugs,
Anna

Joy said...

Mmmmmm...... looks like your holiday was absolutely idyllic !!! I just love it at Burrum Heads ... such a wonderful slower pace of life there!! A perfect place to unwind and simply enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
Hugs from your very jealous bloggy friend LOL...
Joy :o)

Unknown said...

Hi Kris , glad you had such a nice holiday , now back to work girl .

Judy S. said...

Sounds like a fun time! Welcome home, Kris.

Linda Lilly Cottage said...

Hi Kris, welcome home. Yes I do believe it might have been a tad chilly in Toowomba after our visit to Warwick and it was at -1 degree for an awfully long time. I am sure your camera will turn up soon, probably in a really obvious place if it is like my things!
Speak to you soon, Kiss Noises Linda

Chookyblue...... said...

sounds like a great holiday.........shame you have to come home.......

Anonymous said...

welcome home kris! it's been years since we holidayed at burrum heads - it looks like it's time we went back - it looks so sunny, warm and peaceful. know what you mean about the slr, i bought one yesterday *squeeeeel* and the manual reads like an anatomy study *lol*. toni :o) xxx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lucky you Kris, sounds like you had a nice holiday...back to work and you can start planning the next break....LOL....

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

All good things must come to an end... pity isn't it!! I bet you all had a fabulous time by the river.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Stina Blomgren said...

Welcome back... Glad to see the sunny pictures.. and loved to hear you enjoyed the warm sun!!!! :o)
Take care...

Dorothy said...

Sounds like you had a great week away, Kris. Hope you're feeling refreshed and ready to do more stitching!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...