Saturday 25 September 2010

Le Happy Dancing & A Blogging Buddy Play Date!

Yep ... me and Snoopy, both doing 'le happy dance' ... though HIS probably has less resemblance to a clog-dancing elephant and is therefore not as alarming for the neighbours! Tee! Hee! Hee! And the source of the happiness causing dancing?? I've finished the top of my French quilt - YAY!!! I stayed up rather late one night ... or should I say ... VERY early morning!! ... this week and it's all stitched together and will be dropped off at quilter-extraordinaire, Rosalie's place on Monday. More happy dancing ... but being a FRENCH quilt, of course, it has to be 'le happy dance'! :0) Apologies to all native French speakers who are offended by my version of a French 'accent'! Tee! Hee! Hee! Oh ... I suppose you want me to SHOW you my French quilt. Well ... OK. Ready?? Drumroll please and a rendition of "La Marseillaise" ...


Ta Da!! It is called "Holiday In Paris" and I've designed the stitcheries to look like holiday snapshots. I know it's a little hard to see the individual stitcheries, but they are all something a little bit French ... with an Aussie accent! Tee! Hee! Hee! There's French coffee ... local produce of cheese, olives and a bread stick ... chic French fashion accessories ... the Arc de Triumph ... a fleur de lis ... the Eiffel Tower ... French wine ... a snooty French poodle (OK, so, not sure if poodles really ARE originally from France, but you know what I mean!!) ... and last but not least, a sidewalk cafe. I have fallen in love with the gorgeous Rural Jardin fabrics that I've used for this quilt and can't wait to play with the layer cake I shouted myself ... but that will have to wait til I finish writing the instructions for this new pattern ... GROAN!!! Mind you ... I'm toying with a different way to write up these instructions that will make it a bit more interesting for all concerned, so stay tuned! Oh ... you can see that the dark red jumbo rick-rack was definitely the RIGHT red and really pops against the pretty blue floral borders. Can't wait to have this one all quilted and bound ... it's one of my favourite quilts, I think. Of course ... I say that about EVERY new quilt design that I come up with, don't I ! What a fickle woman I am! Tee! Hee! Hee! Will let you know when the pattern for this French beauty is ready.

And now, I must trundle off and get myself all gussied, cos I'm meeting up with a blogging buddy for a play date at my home-away-from-home this morning. Toni from the Red Boot Quilt Co. and her family is coming for a drive up our hill and she said she's been DYING to check out Quilter's Angel, so I very selflessly offered to meet up with her and show her around! :0) It's a tough job! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hope you're all having a great start to your weekend and that you manage to squeeze in some fun stuff, too. Til next time ... A revoir!! :0)

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

like your new pattern........have fun metting up with Toni.....

Mistea said...

Gorgeous pattern - can't wait to see it all done (Guess I'll just have too)

That truly is a difficult task you have set for today. Hope you and Toni have lots of fun.

Linda Lilly Cottage said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous Kris, I love your French quilt. I also love the selfless way you meet up with us fellow bloggers at your second home..what a woman...hope to see you there myself soon,'
Kiss Noises Linda

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Beautiful, Kris! Love the stitcheries.

Love Bears All Things said...

That really turned out well and I like the addition of the red Rick Rack.
Have fun,
Mama Bear

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Simply DIVINE Kris... and you said you weren't into the whole French thingy!! I love all your quilts but I think this is my new favourite too.
Hope you and GB are havign a fun filled weekend.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

julia said...

Hi Kris!
Love, love, LOVE your new quilt...it could be my favourite pattern of yours...! The stitcheries are too cute (I can't resist fleur de lis designs...) and the poodle just add the bit of your sense of humor...
Very clever to incorporate the beautiful selvedges in the sashing.
Of course, the ric rac is one of my all time favourites...
Congrats on such a beautiful design!!!
Hugs, Julia

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Well you are one cleaver girl, Kris the quilt looks amazing, well done...

Stina Blomgren said...

Love it Kris..:O))
Have been catching up a little on your blog.. and it makes me smile all the time..:O)) Lots of thing going around at your place.. busy lady!! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...