Saturday 26 February 2011

Catching Up!

WHEW! What a busy, busy week it has been, with a whirl of social activities and travelling and BOY am I EXHAUSTED! :0) I have a long list of things that really need to be done this weekend to play catch up after being away last weekend ... but I just don't seem to have the energy, so thought I'd procrastinate by popping a post on to update my blogging buddies on what I've been doing. :0)

Let's see ... we travelled the five hours north to Bargara, near Bundaberg last Saturday to meet up with most of my mad rellies from Mum's side of the family. And it was a REAL hardship to look over our unit's balcony to see this ...

Yep ... hardship indeed! :0) Queensland is back to living up to it's motto of, "Beautiful One Day - Perfect The Next!" And it certainly was perfect weather for a family reunion at the beach. Grandma lives at Bargara, so it was the best spot for us all to meet up. Mum and Dad drove across from Mundubbera, one uncle and aunt and two cousins travelled up from Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, two cousins flew in from Western Australia and my brother and his wife flew in from Alice Spring. Now this meant all of Grandma's grandkids but one (who is studying in New Zealand) were on hand, as well as her three great-grandchildren. Here we all are ... you'll have to excuse the colour/lighting ... the perfect sunny day may have been great for a beach visit, but it did make it a bit awkward to get photo lighting right! :0)


It was so much fun to catch up with everyone, especially my WA cousins - I hadn't seen one for nine years and it had been almost three since I'd caught up with the other. And of course the big bonus was getting to catch up with my brother and SIL and my seriously cute nephew! :0) Not that I'm at all biased, of course! :0) There were lots of chats, swims, lunches out and catching up in general to be enjoyed before we headed for home late Tuesday afternoon. I even managed to squeeze in a visit to The Quilters' Shack, where I caught up with Jenny, who was one of our OPAMers last year - Hey Jenny! :0) It was just as well we'd done most of our catching up on Sunday and Monday, though, cos on Tuesday morning we were greeted with this view ...


A bit different to the pretty blues of Saturday when the other pic was taken! :0) So ... no tan for me! :0) It actually showered quite heavily throughout Tuesday, but thankfully, our trip home was rain-free.

Wednesday was back to work to play a bit of catch up for the two days I'd had off (I'm very lucky to have an understanding boss!!). Thursday after work, I made a flying visit to Quilters' Angel to say G'day to Marion and Steph and all the gals beavering away at machine quilting some of the Flood Quilt Drive quilts - can I just say WOW! These quilts are GORGEOUS!! Well done to everyone who has been involved!! Then, I scooted home to throw a few things in an overnight bag to head down the hill to Bris to meet up with my bestest-buddy-since-we-were-nine Lynette. We both got a little gussied ...


Can I just say that ... yes ... Lynette IS quite a bit taller than me, but not THAT much!!! She was wearing heels and I was wearing flats! Just made us look even more like Laurel and Hardy than usual! Tee! Hee! Hee! We then headed into the city to enjoy an evening at the theatre to see "Wicked". Apart from having to hike a fair distance to get to the theatre (the QPAC carpark was damaged in recent flooding and is still under repair, so we had to park at the Conference centre) we had a FABULOUS evening! We both thoroughly enjoyed the show and if you haven't seen it and still have the chance to ... GO AND SEE IT! :0) Jemma Rix who played Elphaba has the MOST amazing voice I've heard in a long time - she just blew us away with "Defying Gravity". And the COSTUMES ..... DROOOOOOL!!! I would have loved to see them up close cos even from the audience (we had pretty good seats so good views of everything) you could see the detailed work in them.

Friday saw Lynette and I enjoy a play date, where we headed off to "Forget-Me-Not Tea Room" for High Tea. We hadn't visited this tea room before, so it was a new adventure ... and a DELICIOUS one at that! Sorry ... too busy gobbling goodies to take a pic! ;0) And when we went to pay for our treats, we were each presented with a pretty beribboned rose bud .... AAAAAAWWWWWW!!! You can guess we'll be heading back there again! Tee! Hee! Hee!

So ... all in all ... an exhausting week, but a good one of catching up with family and friends. Hopefully the coming week will be a wee bit quieter so I can get some stitching done ... and some instructions written ... GROAN!! Hope you've all had a fabulous week too and that you're managing to find some 'YOU' time this weekend. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting blog Kris i felt like i had gone on holidays with you,glad you had a great time and hope you can get some stitching done this week,lol.
cheers shez

Diana said...

Hi, came across your blog, going to check it all out, just wanted to say I live at Bargara, love it, great that you got to visit.
hugs, Diana

Susan In Texas said...

Glad you had lots of fun and some good weather. I'm still working on Pierre Lapin, but I don't think a February finish for him is in the cards; I've decided I have STILL MORE embroidery to do on him. Embellishment is just too much fun! (Better than writing patterns, that's for sure. ;)

Happy stitching,
Susan in Texas

Debbie Lane said...

About WICKED...Told you so. :-) About holiday...JEALOUS!

BubzRugz said...

Oh my goodness... I got exhausted just reading it all!! What fun, my friend has gone to Wicked this weekend....
Teddy Hugz

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

No wonder you are a bit worn out Kris, that was a hectic couple of weeks. You obviously had a hoot with the family and Lynette so all worth it. Hope this week you can catch up with the creative side of life and your rest.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Chocolate Cat said...

Gosh you have been busy! Always lots of fun catching up with family and friends.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You must be exhausted....sounds like your family reunion was 'the best'...Kris I love that photo of you and Lynette....you need a rest now...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...