Monday 24 October 2011

Whip Stitching!

No, not stitching in whip stitch ... getting stitching cos SOMEONE has had the WHIP out! Tee! Hee! Hee! I'm somewhat behind on the Gardeners Journal Stitch Along, though I DID tell Chookyblue when I signed up that designing and stitching pattern samples would have to be my priority. But ... with the carrot on a stick being dangled before me that I can't start the latest Stitch Along ... My Favourite Things Quilt from Anni's "Some Kind Of Wonderful" book ... until I've finished GJ, I had to get stitching.

While I'm still not finished, the weekend DID see me make some good progress. I had FINALLY finished stitching the Garden Show block a couple of weeks ago ... not sure why this block seemed to take so long, lots of interruptions, I guess ... so decided to head into the sewing room yesterday to work on piecing the last two blocks ... Block B and Block I. The result ...

Block B finished. And ...

... Block I finished ... WOO! HOO! which left me with this ...

Now I just have to join the blocks together ... oh ... and choose and attach borders ... oh ... and quilt and bind it ... SIGH! Guess it will still be a little while until this is finished!!! :0) Actually ... Chooky made a deal with me ... I told her I want to get this professionally quilted, since I don't quilt anything bigger than a handbag!!! ... and that it will be a while before I save up enough play money to pay for that, so she said that I can start working on Favourite Things once I have the top to this one finished. Isn't she a sweetie! :0) I'm hoping to join these blocks up this week, then have to decide on borders, so may be back to ask your opinion ... or I might put all options into a hat and draw two out! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Not much other stitching done this weekend, though I DID put some of what I'd read in Kerryanne's e-book into practice and spent some time making plans for my design business for next year.In fact, I got so excited about some of the possibilities that I had trouble sleeping Saturday night, cos my brain was spinning out of this galaxy with ideas! That's MY excuse for the bags under my eyes today, anyways! :0)

Whatever you got up to over the weekend, I hope your schedule included some time for you to kick back, relax and create and hope you all have a fabulous week too. I'm off to sew a few blocks together before dinner to see if I can stay a few steps ahead of Chookyblue's whip! Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


12 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Isn't it exciting when your planning excites you so much that it keeps you awake at night. I can't wait to see these plans in action Kris.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Fee said...

I know what you mean about that book !! The skys the limit hun. Great progress on GJ too.

Hugs - Fee XX

De said...

looking good Kris!
Great that you are planning - sux that it has to be in the middle of the night interrupting sleep! Oh well! Im sure that's when the best plans are made - wonder if that is in Kerryanne's book?????

Mistea said...

Beautiful work - a spring quilt, ready in spring.
Your GJ looks gorgeous.

Fiona said...

Love the colours you have used...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

GJ looks fabulous Kris. I wonder if you added up all the lengths of stitching how far would it stretch? Know what you mean about planning and not sleeping... sewing is happening, colour is happening, planning is happening... YIPPEE!!! Can't wait to see what you are planning :0> toni xxx

Anonymous said...

it looks great Kris,well done and love the fabric choices.

Chookyblue...... said...

sure is another meaning to "whip stitching"..........LOL....great GJ progress now make sure you share it with the SAL girls and I can update the sidebar.........well done......so close to a finished top..........

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kris,
Oh dear, I'm feeling guilty~its been soo long since I've visited you.
My world has been a bit topsy turvy lately with lots of personal s... going on.
Great to see all your pretty needle work and sewing and know that you're still strongly at it.lol
Creative hugs,
Anna

Sheila said...

Your quilt is beautiful Kris , just love it!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Hey Kris....wow...gee your blocks look fantastic...wont be long and it will be finished....

Satu said...

Great work, Kris!!!! Keep going on... then we can enjoy our new project together;)... again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...