Wednesday 7 March 2012

Spreading The Sunshine!!

HOORAY!! The sunshine is out today on top of our 'hill' for the first time in a week or so and this summer gal is hap-hap-HAPPY! :0) So ... I thought I'd share some sunshine with you my blogging buddies. First is a little sunshiny treasure that came to live with me this week ...

Isn't this jug just the CUTEST!! It's only about 4 inches tall and looks perfect sitting beside my little sunshiny teddy bear. Those of you who've been popping in to visit me for a while know that my 'grown up' job is as an Administrative Assistant in the office of a retirement village. Well ... one of the dear gentlemen was telling me that he had to clean out his kitchen cupboard because it was overflowing with jugs ... you see ... it seems he had been on a quest to find himself the perfect little milk jug ... one that DIDN'T dribble when he poured from it. Apparently his quest was long, thorough ... and not overly successful! Tee! Hee! Hee! So I offered to adopt a couple of the 'dribbly' jugs ... this little autumnal jug for me and a pretty, pink, flowery one for my buddy Lynda. Two little splashes of sunshine! :0) I did ask the jug connoisseur whether the fault was perhaps not with the JUGS, but with the OPERATOR! Tee! Hee! Hee!

And since it is THAT time of the OPAM month when Sweet Peg and I finish our blog-hopping and seeing how clever you gals have been with your creating ... I've got some winners for you! :0) Sweet Peg has already posted the January draw winners and the February draw was my task. First can I just say a big CONGRATULATIONS!! To all of you because we had 531 finishes for the shortest month of the year!! WOW! A big  'WELL DONE' to all of you who may not have had many finishes, but made some good progress on some of your long-term projects. Taking a bit of time out of our busy schedules to enjoy some stitching and taking a breath is what OPAM is all about.

A big thank you to all of you who emailed your tally of finishes to either Sweet Peg or me ... much appreciated! It saves us going quite so cross-eyed staring at our computer screen! :0) If you haven't quite got around to adding your OPAM badge and finishes list to your sidebar, it would be great if you can do that before the end of March ... it makes it much easier for us to see how busy you've been.

All righty ... on to the February winners ... drumroll please ...



Congrats, gals! If you'd like to email me your snail mail address there'll be a little something popped in the mail for you soon. See ... spreading the sunshine! :0)

Oh ... before I head off to pop the kettle on, I thought I'd share another little sneaky peeky of what
I've been working on with my Rouenneries fabrics ...

... a squirt of French perfume. I think this is one of my favourite blocks in my new quilt design ... not that I should have a favourite really ... a bit like parents shouldn't have a favourite child! :0) All blocks have now got their pretty red sashing, so I'll be doing some piecing whenever I get a spare moment. I promise to share with you as soon as the top is all stitched up. In the meantime, I hope you're all having a fabulous week and managing to find some time to sit with a cup of tea, your feet up and some stitching to keep you company. Til next time ...

SUNSHINY BEAR HUGS!!

CHEERS!
KRIS

8 comments:

Maria said...

Gorgeous wee jug and Sunshine Teddy.
What a great number of Febuary Finishes.
Congratulations to Henne-Kristine and Rita.
Oh nice sneak peek too.

Fiona said...

What a great month.. thanks to you and Peg for all your hard work and congrats to Hanne-Kristine and Rita.... love the little perfume bottle... and your jug of course...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

congrats to the lucky winners Kris and i have just bought some of that fabric also i love it and i so love your sneak peek.xx

Mistea said...

Thanks for sharing the sunshine, it was absent for most of our summer too.
Cute jug sharing the limelight with the little flower poser.
Mmmm pretty sneak peek - love those reds.

Michelle Ridgway said...

It was a hard decision as to what was cuter...sunshiny bear or your little jug. I'm afraid sunshiny bear won. Your sneaky peek looks gorgeous and I can't wait to see the end result.

tillymint said...

Congratulations to the OPAM winners! Love the sneak peek of your new project Kris, looking forward to seeing it when it's finished! Those fabrics are gorgeous...

rubyslipperz1052 said...

thank YOU and Peg for ALL that you do for OPAM!! I will be forever beholdin' to yuz. I wouldn't never finish so many quilts without all of your generous time and work!

A big round of applause to all those who finished and to the winners!

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

Rita said...

This was a nice surprice. This OPAM is perfect, I got something finished every month. Thanks for all the work you are doing with the OPAM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...