Sunday 14 October 2012

Wardrobe Malfunction!

Yep ... I'm still alive here! :0) Another busy week has fled by with not much to show for it ... how does that keep happening?!?! No sewing here this week, though ... SIGH!! The temperatures here on top of our 'hill' dropped into single figures again and I went back into hibernation mode ... good thing there aren't any bears living in Toowoomba, cos they'd end up VERY confused! Tee! Hee! Hee!

I HAVE been playing with a few new designs ... some stitcheries and a new applique quilt ... but only a very little bit of hand stitching took place. I DID, however, finally tackle a task I'd been putting off for a while ... try TWO YEARS! :0)


Yep ... I cleaned out my wardrobe! That may not seem too earthshattering, but let me tell you ... it was a HUGE job that was WAY overdue. For sometime now, a corner of my bedroom has been looking like my wardrobe spat all of it's contents out. You know how it is ... clothes that still fit ... if you just lose a couple of kilos ... clothes that have a sentimental tie because someone gave them to you or you wore them for a special occassion ... clothes that you LIKE, but just don't have reason to wear any more ... the skirt you used to wear with a top you got rid of ages ago and doesn't match anything else ... you see what I mean. Add to that a defective drawer in my tall boy which cut down my storage space and it all just got too much. But after several hours of the wardrobe equivalent of "Snog, Marry, Avoid" I had three FULL garbage bags ready to go and my clothes fit into my storage ... mostly! :0)  SOMETHING was acheived for the weekend at least.

I'm hoping that now that I've taken care of that looming chore I'll be able to settle down to some sewing this week, so I hope to be back soon with some stitchy, fabricky stuff to share. Hope you've all had a great weekend with a bit more stitchy stuff involved than mine and that your week is FANTASTIC! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

4 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

I'm the same way when the weather is blahs....guess that's just the bear in us, huh?
The wardrobe cleaning....now that is a major undertaking and worth kudos for getting it done....
Bravo!
Mama Bear

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Nothing better than a spring clean.

De said...

At least you achieved something. My wardrobe spills out as well.....something that I keep putting off.

Michelle Ridgway said...

It feels so great to have a little spring clean...totally get that 'I will fit into that again soon. Lol. I seem to have several sizes in my wardrobe at one time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...