Wednesday 7 November 2012

Recovering & OPAM Draw!

Things have been a bit quiet here in the Meares' Madhouse as I try to get over the last dregs of the Mega-Cold that wiped me out for a week or so, but I'm feeling heaps better than this time last week and the energy levels are finally starting to lift, so that's a good thing. Thank you so much to all of my wonderful blogging buddies who left comments and emailed to wish me a speedy get-well ... it's lovely to be thought of and I'm sure it sped up my recovery! :0)

As a result of the above recovery, there hasn't been much stitching happening, though I did spend a few hours at the design table on the weekend and have the beginnings of a baby quilt design almost ready to start stitching. The fabrics I'm playing with are rather yummy ...

Yummy mint greens teamed with "THAT" colour. :0) These are some of the fabrics in the range called "Veranda" by Verna Mosquera that the lovely Marion and Steph have in store at the Quilters Angel. Oh ... and if you're like me and like a pre-cut or two, you should visit the Quilters Angel blog to find out details of their pre-cut special on at the moment. I'm trying to be good, but the prices are very tempting! :0)
 
So ... although there hasn't been much stitching happening here on top of the 'hill',  there has been a LOT of activity in sewing rooms around the world! After Sweet Peg and I finished tallying up emailed totals and did our blog hopping, there was a HUGE final tally of ...
 
715 FINISHES!!!
WOWSERS!!!! You OPAM gals sure have been busy stitchers! :0) This is our biggest ever monthly total for OPAM, so give yourselves a pat on the back! :0) I think some of you are preparing for pre-Christmas craft and market stalls or just starting to stock up your Christmas box, because there were quite a few big tallies for October. Well done to everyone who added some finishes to their sidebar list and congrats to those of you who may not have finishes to show, but have made some good progress on longer-term projects. Taking a bit of time out to relax and create is what OPAM is all about, so I hope you all managed at least a small amount of peaceful creating. Now I know you've all been waiting to find out ... the winners of the October random draw are:
 
 
 
Congratulations gals! :0) Email me with your snail mail addresses and I'll pop a little something in the mail for you. To my last winners ... SORRY!!!! Your prizes are all wrapped ready to go, but got forgotten in the recent cold-related fog I've lived in for a few weeks. I'll post all of the prizes next week ... what a bad challenge hostess I am!!!!! I promise to try to do better. :0)
 
But right now, I'm off to contemplate a couple of secret projects ...
 
 
Some for this ... Chookyblue's annual Christmas swap, the only swap I've allowed myself to join this year due to being time-poor. And my good blogging buddy and fellow-warped-designer Dr Bunnystein ... I mean ... Toni from the Red Boot Quilt Co. (There is a story behind the nick-name, but Toni might hurt me if I revealed it!! Tee! Hee! Hee!) have started some plotting and planning for a special joint-project, so the designing/sewing mojo is starting to emerge from the head cold-fog. Hope you're all avoiding bugs and lurgies to enjoy your week so far. Happy creating and ... til next time ...
 
BEAR BUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS
 
 
PS. Happy Belated Birthday Bear Hugs to the gorgeous Catherine Sanchez, the best editor "Homespun" mag has been fortunate enough to have at the helm!!! Here's to lots of fantastic new adventures for the coming year ... and some time in your sewing room! :0) KRIS
 

6 comments:

Oddbjørg said...

Oh, what a surprise! I'm one of the lucky winners! Congratulations to Celine too!
I tried to e-mail you Kris, but the address didn't work. I don't know why, so may be you could try to send me an e-mail?
Have a nice day!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Glad you are feeling more like your old self and have sent that bug packing. I love your new fabric choices....LOVE!! Mint green and pink.

Chookyblue...... said...

good to hear your working on your SSCS......wow lots of finishes in the OPAM...........

Celine said...

I can't believe I won. It was a good productive month for me actually! Thank you so much Kris. I'll email you now.
Celine

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

It was the best month Kris..totally awesome tally..our girls did an amazing job....glad to hear you are getting better, it took me about 3 weeks to get totally over it....big hugs to you...xxxx

Anonymous said...

hope you are better soon Kris and i love those fabrics together simply gorgeous Kris and congrats to the winners.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...