Friday 23 August 2013

Stopping To Smell The Flowers!

I don't know about you, but I LOVE having fresh flowers in the house ... the more the merrier! :0) But my poor garden isn't really overflowing with flowers suitable for cutting, so what's a girl to do to cheer up her cold, wintry house and bring some spring cheeriness to her world? Well ... for the last little while, when we do our grocery shopping on a Thursday night, I've been searching through the cut flower arrangements they have for sale at the front of the shop to find some bunches that have been marked down for quick sale. They might look a little tired, but I bring them home, trim their little stems and give them a nice fresh drink ... and they brighten up the house for WEEKS!! It's a WIN-WIN situation ... the flowers get a loving home and I get my splash of spring in the midst of winter. :0)

Throughout the day, as I walk past my rescued flowers, I often stop to admire them. I find it rather soothing ... I guess my brother is right ... I really am a "Flower Child" at heart! Tee! Hee! Hee! Since I've been enjoying my flowers so much, I thought I would share them with you to brighten your day, too.

A bunch of flowers gracing our rescued and refurbished table, in front of our rescued and refurbished kitchenette in our rescued and refurbished dining room! :0) (Hmmm ... I'm seeing a theme here! Tee! Hee! Hee!)  I haven't shown any dining room make over pics yet, cos there's still some work to go ... but once it's done, I promise to share. :0) The green walls and white trims have brightened the room up SOOOOOO much! It's amazing what a change of colour can do. :0)

Soft and pretty ... pink rosebuds, some baby's breath and white carnations ... adding a chic note to our shabby chic dining room.

There I was, basking in the glow of my pretty rescued flowers, when I was spoilt with a sweet surprise from a friend ... MORE flowers! Well ... like BEARS ... one can never have TOO MANY! :0) So I did a bit of a vase shuffle and swap ... the flowers above were transferred into a pale pink depression glass vase (that I didn't take a pic of ... OOPS!) and they are now in the lounge room where I'm enjoying them as I watch TV. And taking their spot ... 

... my gifted roses ... they are the most unusual colour ... sort of a green-tinged cream outer petal and soft pink in the centre ... GORGEOUS!!

Aren't they pretty? Don't they just make you SMILE?! :0)

OK ... I'm off to play Polly and finish watching "So You Think You Can Dance". As someone who can manage belly dancing and a bit of old time dancing and that's about it ... I love to watch all those graceful energetic dancers ... especially the Paso Doble and the Tango ... smouldering passion on a Friday night ... with a cup of tea! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hope your week has been fantastic and that your weekend includes some time to sit, stitch, relax, reflect and rest. Til next time ...

FLOWERY BEAR HUGS!


CHEERS!
KRIS





5 comments:

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Flowers really do brighten up a home.

Fiona said...

It was such a fun day and I do love fresh flowers in the house too... aren't our roses just splendid...
Hugz

Melody said...

I agree, fresh flowers bring something special to a room. Your home is looking fabulous

Anonymous said...

Hiya Kris, I've had a major email/computer issue and haven't been able to email you. Will I go to jail if I murder a Telstra executive??? Be in touch soon, toni xx

Ozjane said...

Lovely flowers.
I so love them in the house that I had my handyman prune the top branches of Magnolia Soulangea and have a huge vase on the dining table...of course I too took photos...LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...