Wednesday 30 April 2014

Winter's Creeping Closer ... EEK!!

OH NO!!!! Winter is creeping that bit closer as we farewell April and head into May ... the last buffer between autumn and winter ... EEK!! You all know how much I LOVE winter's chills ... NOT!! Here on top of our 'hill' the temperatures have already been taking a nose dive ... 10 degrees in my kitchen this morning as I was blearily trying to pour the boiled water into my coffee plunger. And since it is currently pouring rain (Yay! That part is welcome!) it is very likely to get VERY cold in the next few days ... SIGH!! I have even made my first threat to move north for the winter ... my boss just rolls his eyes now. Tee! Hee! Hee!

So ... the end of another month ... OPAMers ... You know what that means! If you haven't already done so, please update your sidebar lists of finishes and email your final April tallies through to me or my gorgeous partner-in-crime, Sweet Peg. Whether you've been stitching, knitting, quilting, crocheting or cross-stitching, we want to hear what you've been up to and even if you don't have any finishes to add, a quick email letting one of us know that you've made progress, but have no finishes for the month will be helpful to us, too. Oh ... and be sure to glance back at BOTH my blog posts and Sweet Peg's for each month's winners, cos a few of you haven't contacted us with snail mail addresses to send prizes to. We take it turn about to do the prize draw, so you need to check in with BOTH blogs to keep up with our OPAM news. :0)

I've had a fairly productive month ... though not quite as productive as planned ... isn't that always the way! :0) I thought our two long weekends in a row would mean lots of stitching time ... but  I was wrong! We DID spend a lot of time out in our long-neglected jungle ... er ... GARDEN! We donned out pith helmets, armed ourselves with our machetes and pygmy luggage bearers and headed bravely into the back yard. We didn't find Dr Livingston, but I think we saw the track he took! Tee! Hee! Hee! Will share some photos once we finish the mulching, which is on this coming weekend's agenda.

And although I didn't get as much sewing done as planned, I HAVE managed a few finishes for the month. A couple I haven't taken photos of yet - oops! :0) And two are waiting for their companion projects for a new pattern ... but I'll share a sneaky peeky with you! :0)

Bet you can't possibly guess what this project is! :0) The fabric I played with was so lovely ... will share pics soon, I promise. And then it's on to the dreaded instruction-writing phase ... BLECH! Aah ... a designer's work is never done. :0)

Well ... with not much on TV, rain drumming on the roof and the temperature cool enough to make snuggling under a doona very appealing, I think I shall go and curl up with a book (well ... an e-book on my iPad!!) for a while before having an early (by our strange standards!!) night. Hope your week is toodling along nicely so far ... I've got a couple of stitching dates coming up so need to do some prep work - EEP! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

3 comments:

Mistea said...

Ooh, sounds like fun in the sewing room as well as the garden. Cute sneaky peeky.
Enjoy the rain.

Fiona said...

such a pretty design Kris, I like it a bit cooler ... see you morrow...
Hugz

Danielle said...

That looks a fun project! I may be picking up the pattern when it's finished! I am so happy to have my computer back so I see all the gorgeous finishes again! I was going through withdrawals!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...