Friday 4 May 2018

Finally! A Finish!!

Happy Friday to all of you out there in blogland! I hope you've had a wonderful week. Mine has been a bit topsy-turvy at my grown up job, which is a bit unsettling, but on the plus side, I FINALLY had some uninterrupted sewing time & have a FINISH to add to my sidebar tally ... YAY! :0)

My designing mojo had been taking a break for the last few months, but last weekend I found myself back with pencil in hand, fabric all around me ... & STILL had to make a trip to the Quilters Angel for some supplies! :0) Remember this photo I shared ...


Well ... There was major progress, some head-scratching as I worked out how to get the look I was imagining & ...


...I'd like to introduce you to Holly Bear, one of Santa's BEARY special helpers! :0) I am SOOOOOOOOO happy with how she has turned out! While she took a slightly different turn during the designing process to what I had originally imagined, I think she is now my favourite design ... Though I say that with EVERY new design, don't I?! Tee! Hee! Hee! 


Her face has turned out to be so sweet & the holly leaf collar just finished off the dress nicely.


And I LOVE how her elf shoes turned out! I think I want a pair for myself! :0) I'm also really happy with her striped legs ... Don't you think they make it look like she's wearing stripy tights under her pretty lace-edged bloomers to keep warm? And a sprig of holly hikes up the hem of her dress just a little to give a glimpse of her pretty bloomers. :0)

Of course, now comes the not-so-fun part of writing instructions ... BLECH! But with a long weekend here in Queensland, I'll be making a start on that chore. If you think you'd like to make your very own Holly Bear to help Santa at your place this Christmas, stay tuned for the pattern being ready. :0)

Right now, however, I need to do a couple of grown up chores before I gather up all my BRAVE to head off to a dentist appointment. EEK! Did I mention I'm kind of phobic about dentists?!! At least I'll have a three day weekend to recover. :0P Whatever you're up to this weekend, I hope you manage to squeeze in some time to relax & create. To quote a well known skincare range slogan ... You're worth it! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS








4 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Holly bear is absolutely gorgeous! I love her elf shoes. She is alrready thinking about all she has to do for Christmas😊

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh grown up jobs..... We would not do them if we didn't need the money ...... Goodluck there.....
Holy bear is lovely..... Get the patten done then she is finished..... Don't procrastinate.......

Raewyn said...

She is beautiful!1 And I love those shoes too -a perfect finishing touch!

Maria said...

Oh Holly Bear is gorgeous and you got her face perfectly. Her Elf shoes and bloomers look fabulous....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...